Wednesday, August 10, 2011

"All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

So, I've been thinking a lot lately about what my life will be like in the next coming months. The fact that I will be graduating from college in December has made me start thinking in a different way. I'm trying to live in the moment and really have a lot of fun in my last semester, but at the same time, I can't help but wonder what comes next.

Since I finished my senior year, I've had a lot of friends graduate from college already, but most of them have stayed in the area. Today was the first day that I've really had to say goodbye to a good friend. I am pretty sad about this, but I guess I had better get used to it because this will be my reality in about 6 months. This is just the time in my life that I never thought would actually get here.

To be honest, I'm really scared to graduate. I don't know what my life will be like after college is over. I have really big dreams and big goals, and I really want to go places and see the world. Be able to support myself while still doing what I've loved doing since I was a little girl. But it scares me to death thinking about my life changing in a big way like that. I've loved every part of growing up and becoming my own person. I know I can do anything that I set my mind to, but actually getting up and doing it is incredibly frightening.

I've got to remember: courage is what separates the talkers from the doers. Courage is what I'm going to need to accomplish my goals. I've got some time before my new life begins, but I can't help but think about it all the time. I'm trying to start planning a little bit, but how can you really plan for something so big?

No comments:

Post a Comment